LIGHT ON LIFE’S DIFFICULTIES/FOREWORD
Foreword
WHEN
A MAN enters a dark room he is not sure of his movements, he cannot see objects
around him, or properly locate them, and is liable to hurt himself by coming
into sudden contact with them. But let a light be introduced, and immediately
all confusion disappears. Every object is seen, and there is no danger of being
hurt. To the majority, life is such a dark room, and their frequent hurts—their
disappointments, perplexities, sorrows and pains—are caused by sudden contact
with principles which they do not see, and are therefore not prepared to deal
with. But when the light of wisdom is introduced into the darkened
understanding, confusion vanishes, difficulties are dissolved, all things are
seen in their true place and proportion, and henceforth the man walks open-eyed
and unhurt, in the clear light of wise comprehension.
James
Allen
I,
Truth, am thy Redeemer, come to Me;
Lay
down thy sin and pain and wild unrest;
And
I will calm thy spirit’s stormy sea,
Pouring
the oil of peace upon thy breast:
Friendless
and love—lo, I abide with thee.
Defeated
and deserted, cast away,
What
refuge hast thou? Whither canst thou fly?
Upon
my changeless breast thy burdens lay;
I am
thy certain refuge, even I:
All
things are passing; I alone can stay.
Lo
I, the Great Forsaken, am the Friend
Of
the forsaken; I, whom man despise,
The
Weak, the helpless, and despised defend;
I
gladden aching hearts and weeping eyes;
Rest
thou in Me, I am thy sorrow’s end.
Lover,
friends and wealth, pleasure and fame—
These
fail and change, and pass into decay;
I
blame thee not, nor turn my face away:
In
My calm bosom hide thy sin and shame.
Comments
Post a Comment