THOUGHT VIBRATION/PART 6

 

CHAPTER 6.

HOW TO BECOME IMMUNE TO INJURIOUS  THOUGHT  ATTRACTION

The first thing to do is to  begin  to "cut  out"  Fear  and  Worry. Fear-thought is  the cause of  much unhappiness  and  many failures. You have been told this thing over  and  over  again,  but  it  will bear  repeating.  Fear  is  a habit of  mind  which has  been  fastened  upon  us  by  negative race-thought,  but from  which  we  may  free  ourselves by  individual  effort  and perseverance.

Strong expectancy  is  a  powerful  magnet.  He of  the strong,  confident desire  attracts  to  him  the  things  best calculated  to  aid  him—persons, things, circumstances, surroundings; if he desires them hopefully, trustfully,  confidently,  calmly.  And,  equally  true,  he  who  Fears  a  thing generally manages  to start  into operation  forces  which will  cause the thing he feared  to come upon  him.  Don't  you  see,  the man  who Fears really  expects  the feared  thing,  and  in  the eyes  of  the Law  it  is  the same as  if  he  really had  wished  for  or desired  it?  The  Law  is  operative in  both cases—the principle is  the same.

The best  way to overcome the habit  of  Fear  is  to assume  the mental attitude of  Courage,  just  as  the best  way to get  rid  of  darkness  is  to  let  in the light.  It  is  a  waste of  time  to fight  a negative  thought-habit  by recognizing its  force and  trying to  deny  it  out  of  existence by  mighty efforts.  The best,  surest,  easiest  and  quickest  method  is  to assume  the existence of  the positive  thought  desired  in  its  place;  and  by  constantly dwelling upon  the  positive  thought,  manifest  it  into objective reality.

Therefore,  instead  of  repeating,  "I'm  not  afraid,"  say  boldly,  "I  am  full of Courage,"  "I  am  Courageous."  You  must  assert,  "There's  nothing to fear," which,  although in  the nature of  a  denial,  simply denies  the reality  of  the object  causing fear rather  than  admitting the fear  itself  and  then  denying it.

To overcome Fear, one should hold firmly to the mental attitude of Courage.  He should  think  Courage,  say Courage,  act  Courage.  He  should keep  the  mental  picture of  Courage  before him  all  the time,  until  it becomes  his  normal  mental  attitude.  Hold  the  ideal  firmly  before  you and you will gradually grow to its attainment—the ideal will become manifest.

Let  the word  "Courage"  sink  deeply into your  mind,  and  then  hold  it firmly  there until the mind  fastens  it  in place.  Think  of  yourself  as  being Courageous—see yourself as acting with Courage in trying situations. Realize that  there  is  nothing to Fear—that  Worry and  Fear  never  helped anyone, and never will. Realize that Fear paralyzes effort, and that Courage  promotes  activity.

The confident,  fearless,  expectant,  "I  Can  and  I  Will"  man  is  a  mighty magnet.  He attracts  to himself  just  what  is  needed  for  his  success.  Things seem  to  come  his  way,  and  people  say he  is "lucky."  Nonsense!  "Luck" has  nothing to do  with it.  It's  all in  the Mental  Attitude.  And  the  Mental Attitude  of  the "I  Can't"  or  the "I'm  Afraid"  man  also determines  his measure  of  success.  There's  no mystery  whatsoever  about  it.  You  have but  to look  about  you  to realize  the truth of  what  I  have  said.  Did  you ever  know a  successful man  who  did  not  have the "I  Can  and  I  Will" thought  strong within  him?  Why,  he will walk  all  around  the "I  Can't" man,  who  has  perhaps  even  more  ability. The first  mental  attitude brought  to  the surface  latent  qualities,  as  well  as attracted  help  from  outside;  whilst  the  second  mental  attitude not  only attracted  "I  Can't"  people and  things,  but  also kept  the  man's  own powers  from  manifesting themselves.  I  have demonstrated  the correctness  of  these views,  and  so have many  others,  and  the number  of people who  know  these things  is  growing every day.

Don't waste your Thought-Force, but  use  it  to  advantage.  Stop  attracting to yourself failure, unhappiness, inharmony, sorrow—begin  now  and send  out  a  current  of  bright,  positive,  happy  thought.  Let  your prevailing thought  be "I  Can  and I Will;"  think  "I  Can and I  Will;"  dream  "I Can and I  Will;"  say  "I Can  and I  Will;"  act  "I  Can  and  I  Will"  Live on  the "I  Can and I  Will"  plane,  and before  you  are  aware  of  it,  you  will feel the new vibrations  manifesting themselves  in  action;  will  see them  bring  results; will be conscious  of  the new  point  of  view;  will realize  that  your own  is coming to you.  You  will  feel better,  act  better,  see better,  be  better  in every  way,  after  you  join the  "I  Can  and I Will"  brigade.

Fear  is  the parent  of  Worry,  Hate,  Jealousy,  Malice,  Anger,  Discontent, Failure  and  all the  rest.  The  man  who  rids  himself  of  Fear  will find  that the rest  of  the brood  have disappeared.  The only way to  be Free is  to get rid  of  Fear.  Tear  it  out  by  the roots.  I  regard  the conquest  of  Fear as  the first  important  step  to  be taken  by  those who wish to master  the application  of  Thought  Force.  So long as  Fear masters  you,  you  are in  no condition  to make  progress  in  the realm  of  Thought,  and  I  must  insist that  you  start  to  work  at once  to  get  rid  of  this  obstruction.  You CAN do it—if  you  only  go about  it  in  earnest.  And  when  you  have ridded  yourself of  the vile thing,  life will seem  entirely different  to you—you  will  feel happier,  freer,  stronger,  more  positive,  and will  be  more  successful  in every undertaking  of  Life.

Start  in  today,  make  up  your mind  that  this  intruder  must GO—do not compromise matters  with him,  but  insist  upon  an  absolute surrender  on his part.  You  will  find the  task  difficult  at  first,  but  each  time  you  oppose him  he will  grow weaker,  and you  will be  stronger.  Shut  off his nourishment—starve him to death—he cannot live in a thought- atmosphere of  Fearlessness.  So,  start  to fill your mind  with good,  strong, Fearless  thoughts—keep  yourself  busy  thinking Fearlessness,  and  Fear will die  of his own accord.  Fearlessness is positive—Fear  is  negative,  and you  may  be  sure  that  the  positive  will  prevail.

So long  as Fear is around with  his "but,"  "if"  "suppose,"  "I'm  afraid"  "I can't,"  "what  if"  and all the  rest  of his  cowardly  suggestions,  you  will not be able to use your Thought Force to the best advantage. Once you get  him out of the way, you  will have  clear  sailing,  and every  inch  of thought-sail will catch  the wind.  He is  a  Jonah.  Overboard  with him!  (The whale who swallows him  will  have  my sympathy.)

I advise that you start in to do some of the things which you  feel  you could  do if you were not afraid to  try.  Start  to work  to do  these things, affirming  "Courage"  all the way through,  and  you  will be surprised  to see how the changed  mental  attitude  will clear  away  obstacles from  your path,  and  will make things  very  much  easier  than  you  had  anticipated. Exercises of this kind will  develop  you  wonderfully,  and you  will  be  much gratified  at  the result  of  a little practice along these lines.

There are  many  things  before you  awaiting  accomplishment,  which you can master  if  you  will only throw  aside the yoke of  Fear—if you  will only refuse  to  accept  the  race  suggestion,  and will  boldly assert  the  "I"  and its power.  And  the  best way  to vanquish Fear is  to  assert "Courage"  and  stop thinking of Fear. By this plan  you  will train  the  mind  into  new  habits  of thought,  thus  eradicating  the  old  negative thoughts  which have been pulling you  down,  and  holding you  back.  Take  the word  "Courage"  with you  as your watchword  and  manifest  it  in  action.

Remember, the only thing to fear is Fear,  and—well,  don't even  fear  Fear,  for  he's a  cowardly chap  at  the  best,  who  will run  if you show  a  brave front.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ASTRAL PLANE/COMPLETE

THE ART OF LOGICAL THINKING/COMPLETE

A STUDY IN KARMA/PART 27